Saturday, August 2, 2008

Arrival in America


Hi, I’m Sachi. I came to America with my university students yesterday!

After 12hours flight, we arrived in Washington, DC. Because of long flight, I was tired, but I could sleep well last night, I feel good now. I’m very excited to spend time here with my friends and mentors for two weeks from now. I can’t wait to look at the famous things in Washington, DC like the White House, the museums, or the monuments at closer later.

Through this trip, I hope I will progress my English skill, and I want to look at American culture, touch it, and feel it! I’m sure I can make this summer vacation great and precious!

8 comments:

Nikki said...

Hi, I'm so glad you are here! We are going to have a great two weeks and I'm excited to explore D.C with you!

Nina Liakos said...

Sachi, you have come to the right place to experience American culture and to practice speaking English. Of course, two weeks is a short time and you won't go back to Japan speaking perfectly (that takes a really long time), but I hope you will go back feeling more confident that you can use your English to communicate with actual native speakers in real situations. Welcome!

Ai said...

Nice to meet you in blog, Sachi^^

I'm Ai, a member of AGU 2007. How is your impression after arriving in Maryland!?

Museums in D.C. is really good XD
I don't get tired if I'm there all day! You can watch a diamond at a museum as you can see in a movie "Titanic" (but maybe it's a replica...^^;??)

Ai

KANA.Y said...

Hi Sachi:) I am a member of AGU 2007.

Good sleep is important to enjoy Maryland. You will have good experience in this program. Have fun, and take care of your health^^

Kana

Hiromi said...

Hello, Sachi!
I'm glad to know that you arrived there safely. :) I know what it was like to be on a plain for 12 hours because I was one of AGU 2006 members!

Anyway, I hope you'll experience lots of interesting things during this trip!

Nina Liakos said...

Ai wrote that perhaps the Hope Diamond in the American Museum of Natural History is just a copy of the real thing, but in fact, it is the real thing!

I don't think we have scheduled a trip to that museum this year--but maybe you will find time to go when you are down on the Mall, if you really want to see that diamond. (I prefer the uncut rocks to the jewels, personally!)

misa said...

I also want to feel and touch American culture!! Lets enjoy this program together!!

Mary H said...

Welcome to the U.S., Sachi! I hope that you really have a good time and learn a lot.

Mary
(an English teacher in Japan and friend of Nina's!)