Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Newseum and billiards

Yesterday, we went to the Newseum. The most impressive part for me was 9/11. I saw the video and that was really shocking. Afterward, we walked around the Chinatown. There went into a Chinese shop and there was much interesting and funny stuff. Everyone was tired, so we took a rest in a fountain open space. Then, we went to the Japanese restaurant and enjoyed talking. I ate chicken bento. The rice was so delicious. Every student said Mike is really cool! I was surprised that Mike hasn’t had a girlfriend! At night, we played billiards. It was the first time that I play them and I couldn’t do well, but it was so fun that I want to play them again.

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Hello pretty lady,
I'm sorry I haven't come up with a nickname for you yet. I will keep on thinking of one.

Nina Liakos said...

The attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon were horrifying. I remember it as if it were yesterday. I was at work at MEI when they happened, and I watched the first tower collapse as it happened, on a colleague's small TV. I had been in the Towers, on the Observation Deck, so it was all the more horrifying.

Did you take pictures of the strange and funny stuff in the Chinese shop? Maybe by the time you go home, you will have gotten quite good at playing billiards (and speaking English too?)!

Ai said...

Hi, Sachi!

You really enjoyed the 6th day, right^^? There are so many museums in Washington D.C., so please visit many of them if you have enough time! They must make you enjoy!!

Ai

Hiromi said...

What's up, Sachi?
Visiting the Newseum sounds really interesting to me. ^^ It definitely gives you a new perspective on how you interact with the media in Japan, right?