Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Interaction with American students

We had exchanges with American students who are studying Japanese. Ayumi and my partners are two guys. We ate lunch together and talked to each other. One guy is very good at Japanese. He lived in Japan for 4 years and he knows about Japan more than me! He likes sky diving, bungee jumping, and motor bikes. It seemed that he is dangerous a little, but he is very kind. I sat on his bike and took a picture. That was cool! The other guy is Chinese. His Japanese is so-so. He had a guitar, but he said he used to play the guitar. He was very shy, but gradually I could come to talk with him. I had a great time with them, and that was a good experience for me.

In the afternoon, AGU members and mentors went to the Kennedy Center and listened to jazz concert. I love music, so I enjoyed the concert very much. After the concert, I took a picture with a singer. She said she lived in Yokosuka, Japan! Surprisingly, a woman who works at the Kennedy Center lived in Yokohama, Japan, and the nearest stations where she lived and where I live are the next stations to each other!!

For dinner, we ate sushi. That was expensive, but tastes good. I ate California roll for the first time, and I like it. It seems a lit bit strange that I ate Japanese food in America.

6 comments:

Nikki said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the concert. It's very cool that the singer lived in Japan!

Nina Liakos said...

Hi Sachi,
Aren't you going to upload your photo to your profile?

Your conversation exchange with the two American students sounds great. It's good that you were able to draw out the shy student. :-)

Imagine meeting two people who have lived in Japan, and both on the same day! What a small world.

I think it's funny that you all wanted Japanese food on your 4th day in the United States! (Last year it took about a week before the AGU students started to crave Japanese food!)

Nina Liakos said...

Sachi, don't forget to enable comment moderation on this blog!
Nina

sae said...

Hi,Sachi! Sushi was really good, wasn't it? And I enjoyed speaking with you!!

Ayumi said...

Good morning, Sachi!Thank you for your concern. I feel better today than yesterday.I would like to enjoy the rest day!

Hiromi said...

Hello, Sachi~!
You had a wonderful time talking with the students who study Japanese, didn't you? That's really nice! ^^

Also, going out for the jazz concert sounds really fun!