Monday, August 11, 2008

Nice Weekend



On Thursday, we went to Inter-American Development Bank and members of the staff told us what that is. I didn’t know that Spanish is so important, and I thought they are great because they can speak many different languages. I felt that there are many diverse people in America all over again.

On Friday, we went to Baltimore. First, we went to the American Visionary Art Museum. Usually, I’m not interested in art so much, but I really took to that museum. There were many cheap, cute goods, and I bought some souvenirs. Masahiro bought a strange baby doll (dolls?), and it was funny. At night, we watched a baseball game. I enjoyed the game very much. I cheered for the Orioles. It was great that the Orioles won. After the game, there were fireworks. I thought the fireworks in America are a little different from those in Japan, but they were quite beautiful!

On Saturday, we went to the National Museum of the American Indian and the National Gallery of Art. There were so many attractive works that I couldn’t see all of them. After returning to College Park, we played volleyball. But I’m not good at sports, so it was not very fun but okay. We ate dinner at Potbelly. It was the third time for me to eat there, but I don’t get tired of them. ^ ^ After the dinner, I drank smoothie at the Smoothie King with Kyoko. I t was tasty but huge, so I will share with someone when I drink it next.

On Sunday, we went to the National museum of Natural History. I saw the jewelry, and that was really beautiful. My favorite part was photographs of animals. Kei and I saw them and became calm. Afterward, we went to the top of the Washington Monument. The view was great. Then we went to the Lincoln Memorial. I had heard that Lincoln’s face from the front and the side is different, and that was true. I thought the face from the side is gentler.

Today is August 11. Time has passed so fast! Everything in America is fun, and I don’t want to go home! I will enjoy myself the rest days here!

4 comments:

Sophia said...

Hello Sachi! I am very impressed with your English, you write very well! Whenever I travel I also find that time travels really fast, we have a saying in English that goes "time flies when you're having fun." I also love Potbelly's! I always put extra hot peppers on my sandwiches :)

Hiromi said...

Hello, Sachi!
It seems that you enjoyed a lot of different things! Also, I know exactly how you feel about going back to Japan because I felt the same way two years ago... But before thinking about that, be sure to enjoy as much as you can!

Nina Liakos said...

You managed to pack a lot of experiences into those 4 days. Do you always order the same sandwich at Potbelly's, or do you order a different sandwich each time? I know what you mean about the animal photographs at the Natural History Museum--they are really beautiful. I also love the rocks and minerals, but I am not so fond of the cut gems, like the Hope Diamond. My favorite stones are opals. They have a lot of beautiful minerals there. I always enjoy visiting that part of the museum.

I hope you enjoy every day until Friday, and that you will come back and visit again soon!

Nikki said...

Hello No Name,
I'm glad you had such a fantastic weekend! My favorite part of the Natural History is the wildlife photography. = )